I got asked to present at a gathering of National Youth Leadership Forum. Their goal is to provide high-achieving high school and university students with the confidence to make well-informed career choices and position themselves for today's challenging and diverse job market.
Question number one is where were they when I was 13? Question number two, what should they know now in this Accelerating Times?
- Get inspired by Steve Wozniak (ITConversations rocks)
- Always select doing over consuming, active over passive
- Learn how to transform your ideas via: Personal Fabrication or in Second Life
- Getting Flat Doc Searls Linux Journal article (Part 1, Part 2) Not that this is the most important in this area, but it just stumbled upon it and he is quoting John Taylor Gatto critique of the IQ, the bell curve and our School system: I've come to believe that genius is an exceedingly common human quality, probably natural to most of us. Get your genius out.
- Top 20 things to know Seth Godin. How good are you on these? Number 10: Conversational Spanish: Qué?
What are your thoughts? How do I even reach 13 year-olds?